Sunday 2 November 2014

Pokemon Game Etiquette


Well it's not really etiquette, but whenever I play any pokemon series I follow a personal list of rules for my own enjoyment.

1) Never Use Battle Items (Potions, Status Healers, Berries, Stat Boosters)
I feel that if I ever have to use items against any trainer, gym leader, or even during the elite four run, to me it's cheating. I know cheating is an exaggeration, but the AI isn't that smart in the games. It hurts my pride to use an item trying to beat an unintelligent AI.

2) No Experience Share
Yes, yes, I know that not using exp share will make the game take unnecessarily longer, but; I'm grinding my pokemon anyways and I want to grind in the old fashion way.

3) Capture All The Females
For consistency I try to acquire female pokemon only. Exceptions will be if a race of pokemon is male only or if I'm emulating someone's team. Yes that means I will hatch tons of eggs until I get a female, and yes I will repick my starter until I receive a female. It looks so much better when all the gender symbols are the same in my party~

4) Legendaries Not Allowed in Party
I'm fine with capturing legendaries, but using them in your party, that's a major no no. Legendaries have such high stats and good moves that you're basically breezing through the entire game on easy mode.

5) Can't Capture Evolved Pokemon
I generally don't catch the evolved form of any pokemon. I want to raise them as their beginning form and watch them evolve. It will also annoy me that my pokedex entry won't have a pokeball icon on all the forms of a pokemon if I caught an already evolved one.

6) Only Pokeballs
This is also for consistency. I use only pokeballs whenever catching any kind of pokemon. Any kind, legendaries included. I will keep going back to a save point and attempt to catch a legendary over and over again with a pokeball if it faints. I know I wouldn't like it if I browse my pokemon box and see a different kind of pokeball icon just cause I used a different pokeball. Fortunately I have very good luck when it comes to pokemon, so this process doesn't take too long!

I know some of these rules maybe weird for anyone reading, but it's just how I like to play pokemon. Heck you can even make fun of me for it, I wouldn't mind haha.    

No comments:

Post a Comment